Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Inspiration

Things that bring me inspiration include the every day beauty of the world, my children, and my husbands dedication to his job and family. But sometimes I look to other people for support and inspiration. Here are links to a few of them.

Megan the Nautie Mermate is a classmate of mine from Maritime Academy. She ships, she blogs, and she is great.

Deep Water Writing I'm sure I've mentioned before. His observations at sea and ashore are full and vibrant, a pleasure to read and someone who understands the Life of a SeaWife more than most.

Something else that inspired me recently was a book, The Sea Captains Wife by Beth Powning.  Though it is a novel, the clarity of detail about shipping and the hills and valleys of emotion that are a part of all Seawives, were all captured and presented so well I found myself glued to the pages.

No comments: